Valley Interfaith Promise functions 99% on volunteers.
In 2014, volunteers have contributed over 11,000 hours.
Volunteer opportunities at the VIP Day Center:
- Office Angels – Receptionist duties (answer phones and conduct basic office tasks)
- Saturday Angels – Gather a team of 8 to 10 people to do some “deep” cleaning of the Day Center. One team is needed once a month. Cleaning to be done on a Saturday morning. Date determined by group and VIP staff.
- Handy Angels – Conduct minor repair work around the VIP Day Center.
- Moving Angels – Move donated furniture to the successful families’ homes.
- Driving Angels – Transport guests (using the VIP van) to interviews, appointments and other necessary trips that will assist them in reaching their goals (NO CDL needed).
- Board Member – We are looking for hard working people who have a heart for children have experience in any one of the following: public relations, community advocacy, education, finance, business, law enforcement, military leadership, mission work
- Special Events Planning – Assist with preliminary duties in preparations for our annual VIP Bed Race and Parade (held on the last Saturday of February)
- Hold a “Drive” for needed items – Coordinate and set up a donation drive for item(s) needed.
Volunteer opportunities at the Host Church:
NOTE: Opportunities at the Host site may be limited to members of that particular congregation.
- Coordinator – Serves as liaison between the congregation and VIP. Assists in recruiting volunteers for service during host week.
- Food preparers – Cook or purchase food items to be eaten during meals.
- Set-up / Break-down crew – Set up and break down the rooms used by the families.
- Laundry Assistants – Washes the linens as needed or after families leaves the host site.
- Hosts – Fellowship with the families (eat, play, chat, etc.)
- Van drivers – transport to families to weekend activities
Please click here to contact VIP or call 706-494-6348 for more information or to sign up for any of these opportunities.