- Beds must be at least 3 feet by 6 feet in area. For safety reasons, it cannot be made out of particle wood or particle board.
- Beds must have either a box spring OR mattress and must lay flat in the bed frame. For safety reasons, they cannot be made with air mattresses.
- Beds must have four wheels (4-inch minimum in diameter). All four wheels must have contact on the ground at the finish line. All wheels must be load-bearing but do not have to be the same size.
- Push bars/handles are allowed, but may not extend more than 16 inches away from the bed frame. They must be designed for safety with no sharp or jagged edges allowed.
- Motorized or mechanical means of motion are not allowed. However, steering mechanisms may be used. All means of motion must be limited to race team members.
- The bed must be constructed in a fashion that all pushers must be able to see the course in front of the bed.
Teams and their members are responsible for all registration and construction fees.