- Five (5) people per team. Substitutions are not allowed once the team checks-in on Race Day. Teams can make a rider/runner switch before any heat as long as the rider meets weight requirement.
- The rider must be riding on the bed for the entire heat. The main division rider must be at least 14 years old and weigh at least 100 lbs. Junior division riders must be between 12-14 years old and weigh a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Riders MUST wear helmets or protective head gears. All team members must wear closed-toe shoes. Knee and elbow pads are encouraged. The track is made of asphalt.
- All four runners must be in contact with the bed when crossing the finish line to qualify.
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs are allowed.
- Failure to report for bed inspection prior to race time will mean disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
- Every member MUST sign a waiver/release form.
- Teams with children under 12 years of age can compete for the Merit Award (most money raised), Best Theme, Crowd’s Choice, and Team Spirit. These teams, however, will not be allowed to race their bed.
Church Division and Business/Community Division:
EVERY team member MUST be at least 12 years of age or older.
No one under the age of 14 can participate in these divisions.
High School Division:
EVERY team member MUST be ages 14-17 in high school. The team must be representing a high school OR a civic organization that is focused on teens such as Boys Scouts, Infusion, Teen Advisors, TEARS, etc.
No one 18 years or older nor under the age of 14 can race in the High School Division.
If a church/business/community team prefers to field a team in the High School Division, ALL team members must meet the age requirement (14-17) AND a request to enter in the High School Division with completed registration and waiver forms must be turned in by no later than the Monday before race day. Teams failing to turn in the items on time will be assigned to the appropriate main division.