Valley Interfaith Promise functions 99% on volunteers.
In 2017, volunteers contributed over 11,000 hours.
Volunteer opportunities at the VIP Day Center:
- Board Member – We are looking for hardworking people who have a heart for children and have experience in any one of the following: public relations, community advocacy, education, finance, business, law enforcement, military leadership, mission work.
- Cleaning Teams – Gather a team of 8 to 10 people to do some “deep” cleaning of the Day Center. One team is needed once a month to clean on a Saturday morning. Date determined by group and VIP staff.
- Moving Teams – Move donated furniture to the successful families’ homes
- Special Events Planning – Assist with preliminary duties in preparations for our annual VIP Bed Race (held on the last Saturday of February), and The Tom Black Compassionate Service Award Dinner (held in the Fall).
Volunteer opportunities at the Host Church:
NOTE: Opportunities at the Host site may be limited to members of that particular congregation.
- Coordinator – Serves as liaison between the congregation and VIP. Assists in recruiting volunteers for service during host week.
- Food preparation – Purchase and/or prepare food items to be eaten during meals.
- Set-up / Break-down crew – Set up and break down the rooms used by the families.
- Hosts – Fellowship with the families (eat, play, chat, etc.)
Please click here to contact VIP or call 706-494-6348 for more information or to sign up for any of these opportunities.